Sunday, April 29, 2007

My Last Day

Well, my last day at Meadow View has come and is in the process of going. I'm sad and glad that it has come. God is slowly removing things from my plate so that I can focus on what he has for me now. He has called and He is faithful. We made the decision to move to Fayetteville with no promise of income. It wasn't any grand act of faith, it just made sense. If we really believed what we say we believe, it only made sense for us to do this. Who has ever paid me at any job but God? Who has ever provided. I knew He would provide, I just thought He would stretch it out and make us show our faith. He's cool, He's our Father, and He didn't do that. Somehow, we were able to save 75% of what we will need for the first 2 months of being dedicated to Pathway with no other job. I have no idea how, when we brought in just barely above what we pay out, we were able to save enough to pay that much. Today, the great people at Meadow View gave and because of that giving, we now have more to pay our bills for the two months where we don't have even half of the guaranteed income we need than we have ever had in the year and a half that we have been married. God rocks. I don't really believe that it is faith to trust God to do what He has always done. We did nothing special. We just did what we were told. I'm not writing this to praise us for our great faith or piety. Is it special for a person not to get bitten by a shark because he got out of the water when the lifeguard told him to? We are nothing special, just smart enough to listen. If God tells you to do something, do it. He won't ask you to do something and then not provide what is needed for it to happen. Just obey, He knows what He is doing.

1 comment:

Aaron Johnson said...

I am so pumped that God continues to bless you and Brittney. I know God is going to use you in great ways to reach NW AR!